Getting the most out of your IPTV Receiver for best streaming
How to setup your modem to get the best streaming for your ZAAPTV IPTV device
Depending on your modem you may have to setup your modem to improve the quality of your IPTV streaming experience. If you are experiencing streaming problems such as the usual Freezing and Buffering, did you consider that tweaking your modem may just be the solution? Many brands such as D-Link, TP-Link, Netgear have options in their Settings pages to allow you to configure Multicast or IGMP settings. By enabling these options, you are effectively setting up your modem to conserve bandwidth and to deliver traffic where required.
If you want to delve deeper into the mechanics of how IPTV Multicast works, there are a number of great resources available:
Setting up your modem router differs with each manufacturer. The steps below are the steps for a D-Link Modem Router Model: DSL-2900AL and are an indication of what needs to be done:
- Log into your modem router. Typically you access your using your Internet Browser on your PC, Tablet or Mobile Phone. So for example, you would type into your browser the following http://192.168.1.1
- Type in the Username and Password. By default these are admin/admin
- Click on click on [Settings] tab on the top then click on [Internet]
- Select the [ATM] option
- Click on the drop down menu for [Interface] and then select [PVC-2]
- Switch the Status option to [Enabled] and specify the VPI and VCI values as suggested by your IPTV Service Provider.
In this example we are using TPG IPTV setting (VPI=0, VCI=35). For iiNet Fetch TV please use VPI=8, VCI=34.
- Click on [Save] button to apply the settings
- Verify the PVC-2 settings by clicking on IPv4 tab at the top and ensure that My Internet Connection is set to [Bridge] for PVC-2
- Go to Settings > Network using the tab at the top then click on [Advanced Settings…]
- Under Advanced Settings switch the [IPv4 Multicast Streams] option to [Enabled] then click on [Save] button at the top to apply the settings
- Now disconnect the Power from your ZAAPTV IPTV Receiver, wait 1 minute, re-Connect the Power to the ZAAPTV device and enjoy the IPTV streaming.
For our TPG Customers wanting to enable their modem routers, you may want to click on the following link: https://www.tpg.com.au/iptv/support
Just select the type of modem router TPG has supplied you with.
We hope this helps with your ZAAPTV experience, but if you do get stuck, you can always place a Support Ticket and our Technical Staff will respond to your questions. If you need to discuss any Technical issues over the phone, you may need to purchase our VIP Support Pack which includes Phone Support plus an Extra 1 Year Warranty on your device for only $169.95 AUD.